Solar PV Express Training Course
Feel like going off-grid? Not sure which information can be trusted? Thinking of having a solar system installed or even doing it yourself? Be informed with this short course.
This very short and comprehensive solar PV design-and-install course was created to address the need for people, organisations or small businesses that require basic information on sizing, assessing and installation of solar PV Systems. All courses usually contain practical elements depending on the venue and group size. i.e, testing voltage and short-circuit current of modules, doing experiments with shading and partial shading of modules.
No formal pre-requisites are required in order to attend this course. Excitement about renewable energy and an eager mind will do. This course contains straight forward calculations.
The course is intended for a face-to-face learning environment and consists of approximately 100 slides, broken down into:
- Concepts / Principles
More detail of chapters are given elsewhere in this document and even more course structure detail can be provided on request.
After having attended this course, students should have a clear understanding of the fundamentals of a solar PV system, including various components, brands, and functions of equipment. In 1-day sufficient information and knowledge transfer allow candidates attending, to be able to:
- Differentiate or assess differences between what could potentially be good and poor quality equipment.
- Know how PV technologies differ and identify different technologies
- Know how storage technologies differ from an application point of view
- Perform certain calculations relevant to the design of a system
- Understand the impact of heat on modules and size a string
- Know the basic differences in types of systems & applications
- Determine whether it is viable to go Off-grid or grid tied
- Be familiar:
- With one of the most popular inverters in South Africa.
- Standards & electrical regulations applicable to solar PV and storage installations
- Safety with PV installations
- Experience the touch and feel of different components as various samples are made available, to pass around.
Interaction is promoted through continuous dialogue with questions and answers.
- Looking for a course that is more advanced, please see www.pqrs.co.za
- Solar PV Excite is a 2 day course and covers design and installation of solar PV systems in more detail.
- Solar PV Excel is a 2 day course and covers design and installation of solar PV systems at a more advanced level.
Timing and Duration
This is a 1-day course and includes 4 x 90 minute sessions. 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.
Why not try a P4 contractor?
All P4 contractors have already passed an online knowledge assessment with an 80% pass rate.
List your installations at the PQRS directory at no charge.